Saturday, August 9, 2008

Growing up

Little girls grow up so fast!! I say that since I myself have a little girl and I don't know where the time has gone. It seems like yesterday that we brought her tiny little self home from the hospital and in 10 weeks we will be bringing another little one home. I honestly don't know where the time has gone. She goes to her open house at preschool next Friday and has the cutest backpack in the world. She walks around with in on and her arms halfway up in the air. This is a habit she got from carrying around purse so it doesn't fall off. Too cute. (I'll post pictures of that on her first day.)

Isabella cracks me up on a daily basis. I watch her watching us and trying to do things the way we do them. It is so funny! She likes to try to close the dishwasher or other cabinets with her foot because she has seen me do it. She knows which toothbrush is Matt's and which one is mine. I even have to think about it since I got a new color at my last dentist visit. She has also discovered that she can use her lightweight chair to carry around or push to the desired location and stand in it so she can see what is going on at the counter. She always wants to help "cook" and usually ends up eating the batter or picking things off the plate I am trying to get finished.

Isabella and I went to the grocery store the other day. I only had to pick up some milk so I decided I would not get a cart and let her walk instead. It was really entertaining to watch her walk through the store and get an idea of how it looks from her point of view. She would stop and look at things or touch the cold glass doors in the freezer section. She stopped at one of the round metal things in the floor and put both of her feet on it. I had never even noticed it.

Looking at the world through a child's eyes can be en eye opening experience if you take the time to enjoy it and experience it in a way that we take for granted or possibly have forgotten about.

1 comment:

Jill Hill said...

Hi, Leslie! It's Jill Hill, Mary Balicki's friend. I saw your blog listed on Mary's site, and i took a peek at it. What a beauty your little girl is! I have not seen her since she was itty-bitty! And you are so right about time flying by. My oldest just started 2nd grade, and my little girl just started 3 yr. old pre-k. Enjoy every detail of every second..children are the greatest blessing of all. :)Hope to see you guys soon!

blessings,

Jill