I have been trying to get this post done all week but I have not been able to. We had a very busy Easter weekend. You may think the title of this post is rather strange but I will explain in my post.
We began the weekend Friday night by attending a Tenebrae service at our church. It was very moving and ended in complete darkness. Outside the weather was indicative of the night Christ died on the cross. There was thunder rolling in the night sky and it was beginning to drizzle.
The night was also indicative of the weather to come. We had the children sleep in our room just in case the weather got really bad since they sleep upstairs. Saturday morning I got a call from my sister asking if I had talked to my mom who was in Montgomery visiting my aunt. It was a little after eight o'clock in the morning and I had not. She then proceeds to tell me that there was a tornado in Waynesboro later Friday night and it had destroyed the house next to my parents and damaged my parents house. My dad was home at the time and did not know the tornado was coming. He went outside after hearing glass breaking, calling my mom, and finding the flash light. He went outside and heard our neighbors yelling for help. My sister sent me some pictures on her phone but even after seeing real pictures my mom was finally able to send after they got power and phone service back, I still won't really understand the devastation and changes in the landscape until I see it for myself. Fortunately everyone was OK physically, just still emotionally mending.
Isabella working hard on her Easter eggs
They are finally finished
Easter morning
Isabella and Micah
Our Easter Family picture
Isabella and William
Holding him up
I love this one from the back
Sunday we headed to church, took some pictures and then I took the kids to my friend Mandy's house for her daughter Macey's birthday party and another Easter egg hunt. So, it was a good weekend overall. Please keep my parents and the other families in your prayers as they rebuild and continues the clean up that is going to take a lot of time.
Easter egg hunting
No comments:
Post a Comment