Sunday, March 22, 2009

William's Baptism

William was baptized today at our church Christ Community Church. http://www.christcommunityconyers.org/

Our pastor, Dave Crandell and our very good friend and newly installed elder, Zach May, baptized William today. We were able to celebrate with our immediate families afterwards with lunch at our house. My grandparents were not able to make since Dado is still recovering from his bypass surgery. He was able to assist with Isabella's baptism which was very special. So, I was sad that he was not able to help with William's.

Baptism is a sign and seal of the Covenant of Grace that God makes with believers and their children. Baptism is a picture of the gift of God's Grace: the washing of sins and the engrafting into Christ's visible body- the Church. (Acts 2:41)

We have been extremely blessed to be surrounded by a body of Christians that lift us up on a daily basis. I don't know what we would do without them and really wonder how non-Christians make it in the world out there. Our church is fairly young in age, both in the number of years it has been around and the average age of members. We are so thankful for the christian friends we have and knowing that they will have a part in helping us raise our children is comforting. They are great examples of Christ even as we live in our fallen world of sin.
I have some pictures from the afternoon. William fell asleep on the way home and slept for a couple of hours. After he woke up we all headed outside for a few pictures. Seriously, I think I took about 350 pictures. Enjoy!

Matt, William, Leslie, & Isabella



Matt & William




Leslie & William

Kappy (Bappy), William, & Randy (Grandy)

Ricky (Papa), William, & Shirley (Honey)

3 comments:

sarah may said...

You all look so sweet in those pictures!

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

You really do and I LOVE your blue dress, Leslie!!! You look fab!!
xoxo,
M

Leslie said...

Thanks ladies!