We have all heard the term the "Information Age" referring to the all the new technology we have these days that help provide us with information and knowledge. Just 10 or so years ago the internet and the World Wide Web were knew to the majority of us. I remember going off to college and getting my first email address and my parents getting the internet so we could communicate a little more. Wow, how things have changed over the past few years. Information is everywhere and easily at your fingertips.
However, I am not talking about the World Wide Web or the internet. Around our house, Isabella has entered the information age. You know exactly what I mean if you have ever worked with children that are not your own. They will tell you things that go on in their little lives. Things I am SURE their parents would not want you to know. It can be quite entertaining at times.
Isabella isn't always accurate in telling her stories of the day. Sometimes I know immediately whatever she is telling me is only partly true and the other part just some time in her little life that she gets mixed up with. Other times she will tell you facts or things that are going on at the time.
Case in point.
We refinanced our house this week and the mortgage company is great to work with. The lawyer came out Tuesday night to our house to sign all the paperwork. We had just finished dinner when he arrived. So, Isabella and William were content and taken care of. As we are signing papers, Isabella is climbing on and off the table and I hear her pass gas. She promptly replies "I pooted." I just had to giggle to myself as I calmly as her if she needs to go to the restroom and I keep signing. She continued to pass gas SEVERAL more times and announce it each time. Oh well. What are you to do. At least our lawyer had a sense of humor!
The other incident happened on Wednesday at lunch. Stephanie and Justin had a shower with his coworkers so the kids came with me for a couple of hours to work. I met them at Honey Creek and we sat down to eat lunch with several of my co-workers (all female). I am eating and all of a sudden Isabella makes the profound announcement that "I have boobies." I looked sideways at her and everyone started laughing. Karen, grabs her boobs and responds back "I do too." I was very cute. I said, "Yes you do have boobies."
So, the information age is just beginning in our house. It should be very entertaining over the next few years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Three cheers for boobies!
I love it! I am cracking up! Tell Bella I have boobies too!
And I'm glad to know that Braden isn't teh only one to announce when he passes gas!
I'm prettty sure Bella is the one who taught Micah how to say "I poot!"
hello i got your message about the pumping band. thanks so much for hyour prayers and for taking the time to tell me this. what excactly did it do? how did hyou pump in the car? is yours battery powered? thanks a ton-
katie nelson
Post a Comment